Elijah, an Occupational Therapist, has an impressive career span of over a decade specializing in medical rehabilitation, with a deep-rooted passion for children with special needs and their families. After earning his degree in 2009, Elijah began his professional journey at the ‘Association for the Physical Disabled of Kenya’, a charity NGO based on a model rooted in Community Outreach, Community Rehabilitation, and Static Clinics. Later, Elijah channelled his expertise into founding his private practice, the Personalized Therapy Clinic, where he served as the Lead Therapist.
Elijah transitioned to Dubai in 2015, expanding his professional horizon to include both private outpatient rehabilitation clinics as well as inpatient speciality hospitals. During his tenure at Dr. Majdi El Halik Physical and Mental Rehabilitation Center, he advanced to become the Head of the Unit-Rehabilitation Department. His experience includes roles as Senior Occupational Therapist at Autism Rocks Resource Center and Occupational Therapist 1 at Aljalila Children’s Specialty Hospital, a sophisticated 200-bed acute care facility.
Elijah’s primary areas of interest include early intervention, school readiness skills, learning support assistance, and providing advice on classroom accommodations and support for children with special needs. As a practitioner of ‘Occupations’ as a profession, he equips his clients – children, teenagers, and adults alike – with tools to engage in meaningful activities and to live life to its fullest potential.
Previously, he held positions as Senior Occupational Therapist at the Autism Rocks Resource Center, Dubai, UAE; Occupational Therapist at Al Jalila Children’s Specialty Hospital, Dubai, UAE; Head of Unit in the Occupational Therapy Department at Dr. Majdi El Halik Physical and Mental Rehabilitation Center, Dubai, UAE; and the Lead Occupational Therapist & Founder at Personalized Therapy Clinic, Nairobi Kenya. He also served as an Occupational Therapist at the Association for the Physically Disabled of Kenya (APDK), Nairobi, Kenya.
- Diploma in Occupational Therapy, Kenya Medical Training College, Nairobi, Kenya
- Kenya Occupational Therapists Association (KOTA)
- Dubai Healthcare City Authority Regulatory (DHCR), Dubai, UAE
- Sr. Occupational Therapist, Autism Rocks Resource Center, Dubai, UAE
- Occupational Therapist, Al Jalila Children’s Specialty Hospital, Dubai, UAE
- Head of Unit; Occupational Therapy Department, Dr. Majdi El Halik Physical and Mental Rehabilitation Center, Dubai, UAE
- Lead Occupational Therapist & Founder, Personalized Therapy Clinic, Nairobi Kenya
- Occupational Therapist, Association for the Physically Disabled of Kenya (APDK), Nairobi, Kenya