Dr Girish is a psychiatrist with over 15 years’ clinical experience in both government and private settings in specialised psychiatry clinics as well as tertiary care, multispeciality hospitals. He has worked as Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at reputed medical colleges in India and was extensively involved in teaching undergraduate medical students along with being a faculty member of the postgraduate psychiatry training program.
Practicing in the UAE since 2015, he has engaged with people from culturally and ethnically diverse backgrounds from over 85 different nationalities in the therapeutic setting, being closely involved with taking care for their mental health.
He essentially maintains a sensitive and non-judgmental stance in his assessment and treatment encounters. He is adept at diagnosing and treating a wide range of mental health conditions including but no restricted to depression, anxiety, eating disorders, PTSD, ADHD, OCD, sleep disorders, sexual dysfunction, bipolar disorders, schizophrenia and related psychoses, substance use, dementia, emotional disturbance emanating from stressful life situations, academic and relationship concerns.
He can treat patients of all ages, adopting an evidence based, client centred, collaborative approach while formulating individualized treatment plans, including medication management, psychotherapy, counselling, and psychosocial interventions. Along with having expertise in designing medication plans, he is trained in administering psychotherapies such as Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR).
His academic inclination saw him present scientific papers and conduct symposia in numerous conferences and seminars, with many “Best Paper Awards” to his credit. In addition, he has many publications in indexed journals. He has served as a peer reviewer in international medical journals such as Sexual Health (Australia), BMJ Case Reports (UK), East Asian Archives of Psychiatry (Hong Kong), and Journal of Child & Adolescent Mental Health (South Africa).
- MD (Psychiatry), B.J. Medical College & Civil Hospital, India
- MBBS, Smt. N.H.L. Municipal Medical College, India
- MRCPsych, Royal College of Psychiatrists, United Kingdom
- Dubai Healthcare City Authority Regulatory (DHCR), Dubai, UAE
- Dubai Health Authority (DHA), Dubai, UAE
He Has Expertise In Diagnosing And Treating:
- Bipolar Disorders
- Major Depression
- Anxiety Disorders (Phobias, Panic Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorders
- Adjustment Disorders
- Acute and Post Traumatic Stress Disorders
- Dissociative Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Somatoform Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Sexual Dysfunctions
- Addictive Disorders (Dependence on nicotine, alcohol, cannabis, other substances of abuse)
- Childhood-onset Disorders (ADHD, Dyslexia, Intellectual Disability, Autism, Enuresis, Tics)
- Cognitive Disorders (Dementia, Delirium)