Dr. Girish, a seasoned psychiatrist, brings more than a decade and a half of clinical experience to the table, having served in both governmental and private sectors, specialized psychiatric clinics, and multi-specialty hospitals. His tenure as an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at prestigious Indian medical colleges endowed him with extensive teaching experience for both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Having practiced in the UAE since 2015, he has adroitly interfaced with a culturally diverse group of individuals from over 85 nationalities, playing an integral role in managing their mental health.
Dr. Girish is known for his empathetic, non-judgmental approach during assessments and treatments. His professional dexterity extends to diagnosing and managing an expansive array of mental health conditions including, but not limited to, depression, anxiety, eating disorders, PTSD, ADHD, OCD, sleep disorders, sexual dysfunctions, and more.
Treating patients from all age brackets, Dr. Girish uses an evidence-based, client-focused approach in creating customized treatment plans. His strategies include medication management, counseling, and psycho-social interventions. Along with proficiency in designing medication regimes, he is skilled in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR).
An academically inclined individual, Dr. Girish has presented at myriad conferences, seminars, and has numerous “Best Paper Awards” in his name. Furthermore, he has contributions in several indexed journals and has served as a peer reviewer for international medical journals such as Sexual Health, BMJ Case Reports, East Asian Archives of Psychiatry, and Journal of Child & Adolescent Mental Health.
- MD (Psychiatry), B.J. Medical College & Civil Hospital, India
- MBBS, Smt. N.H.L. Municipal Medical College, India
- MRCPsych, Royal College of Psychiatrists, United Kingdom
- Dubai Healthcare City Authority Regulatory (DHCR), Dubai, UAE
- Dubai Health Authority (DHA), Dubai, UAE
He Has Expertise In Diagnosing And Treating:
- Bipolar Disorders
- Major Depression
- Anxiety Disorders (Phobias, Panic Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorders
- Adjustment Disorders
- Acute and Post Traumatic Stress Disorders
- Dissociative Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Somatoform Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Sexual Dysfunctions
- Addictive Disorders (Dependence on nicotine, alcohol, cannabis, other substances of abuse)
- Childhood-onset Disorders (ADHD, Dyslexia, Intellectual Disability, Autism, Enuresis, Tics)
- Cognitive Disorders (Dementia, Delirium)