Kauthar is a young and ambitious female originally from South Africa. Her passion for mental, emotional, and physical well-being as well as facilitating children and adults to reach their full potential has led her to pursue what she deems the most rewarding profession – Occupational Therapy.
Her drive and dedication have resonated early in her profession where she made it her duty to maintain her position on the top of the Deans Merit list during her undergraduate programme as well as maintain her position on the world renowned International Golden Key Honour Society.
Her latest work as a Senior paediatric Occupational Therapist has highlighted her innate sense of playfulness rendering services to private schools in Dubai ensuring learners effectively engage in their role as learners.
She also held a Senior position in a mild to moderate Intellectually Challenged school in charge of pre-vocational skills training and facilitation of the school-to-work transition for learners to integrate successfully as active participants in their community after school.
She provided community service in a rural hospital in her country which served a population of over 50, 000 people and this opportunity equipped her with many unique skills such as effective resource utilisation, critical thinking, problem solving, self-directed learning and management.
Continuous professional development is of utmost importance therefore, she participated in a ThinkTank whereby the top academic students in their course collaborated with KU Leuven University to discuss the future of health and well-being. This allowed her to gain insight into foreign ideas which facilitated different outlooks from disciplines outside of medicine and health science. She also prides herself in her undergraduate Occupational Therapy thesis publication which won best research in 2019.
Her holistic experience allowed her to become a well-rounded Occupational Therapist ready for any challenge!
Years of Experience
2 years and 8 months professional experience
3 years student clinical experience
- Bachelor Of Occupational Therapy Stellenbosch University South Africa
- Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- Dubai Health Authority (DHA) in progress
Publications and Professional Affiliations
- Thesis Publication in South Africans Journal of Occupational Therapy
- ThinkTank Future of Health and Wellness Research partnership with KU Leuven University
- International Golden Key Honour Society member
- Senior Paediatric Occupational Therapist at Inspire Therapy DMCC in Dubai UAE
- Community service officer occupational Therapist at Benedictine Regional Hospital South Africa
- Senior Occupational Therapist at Elandspark School for Mild to Moderate Intellectually Challenged learners in South Africa