Raghad is a Syrian Speech and Language Pathologist. Over the last 15 years, Raghad has dealt with patients ranging from different age groups while working across various clinical settings including a multi-disciplinary rehabilitation centre, a mainstream school in UAE, a hospital in UAE, as well as her private clinic in Syria.
Raghad moved to Dubai in 2014, after working in her private clinic in Damascus for eight years. She worked as Head of Special Needs Department in a private school in Dubai where she was providing supervision to the Special Education Teachers, developing and facilitating implementation of training programs, accepting students with special needs, developing and monitoring the implementation of Individual Educational Programs (IEPs) and collaborating with parents of children with Special Education Needs (SEN) to raise awareness of their children’s rights and needs.
- Special Education Supervisor, Dubai Modern Education School, Dubai, UAE
- Speech and Language Therapist, Aamal Syrian Organization for the Disabled, Damascus, Syria
- Master in Speech-Language Pathology, University of Jordan and Damascus University, Damascus, Syria
- Postgraduate Diploma in Philosophical and Social Sciences, Damascus University, Damascus, Syria
- Bachelor in Literature, Social Studies Department, University of Damascus, Damascus, Syria
- Dubai Healthcare City Authority Regulatory (DHCR), Dubai, UAE
Her Clinical Areas of Specialisation
- Children with difficulties in speech and language including articulation errors, phonological processes, stuttering, apraxia
- Hearing loss, cochlear implant, and auditory processing disorder
- Children presenting with Neurodevelopment Disorders such as Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders (ADHD) as well as Down’s Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy and Global Developmental Delay (GDD)
- Primary or atypical swallowing
- Voice disorders