Dr Shaima is a valuable member of our team offering evidenced-based treatments while placing utmost emphasis on patient care and clinical outcomes by international standards of care. Her love for the field and its practices and teachings are not only applied to her own life but also tailored towards clients seeking healing through self-discovery. Moreover, through her work with clients, it was evident that no single approach or manualized treatment can be applied as a “one-size-fits-all”.
She is also an Adjunct Faculty at the Institute for Creative Mindfulness, Ohio, USA, and conducts training to professionals in the mental health field on the use of Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing as well as provides supervision and consultation for professionals using Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing as a mode of therapy to treat mental illnesses.
Dr Shaima is an Emirati national and was recently former Head of Psychology at Sheikh Khalifa Medical City, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Current and Previous Positions including Teaching and Research:
- Currently Adjunct Faculty at the Institute for Creative Mindfulness, Ohio, USA
- Head of Psychology, Behavior Science Pavilion, Sheikh Khalifa Medical City, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Psychologist and Doctoral Intern, Family Medicine Centre, Glendale Adventist Hospital, Glendale, California, USA
- Psychologist, Rashid Hospital, Dubai, UAE
- Psychology Assistant, The Comprehensive Medical Center, Dubai, UAE
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (PsyD), Alliant International University, Los Angeles, USA
- Master of Arts (MA) in Clinical Psychology, Alliant International University, Los Angeles, USA
- Master of Science (MSc) in Mental Health Studies, King’s College London, United Kingdom
- Bachelors of Science (BSc) in Psychology and Clinical Psychology, University of Kent, United Kingdom
- Dubai Healthcare City Authority Regulatory (DHCR), Dubai, UAE
Her Clinical Areas Of Specialisation:
- Anxiety/Panic attacks
- Low self-esteem
- Stress-related problems
- Addictive behaviors
- Personality disorders
- Anger related problems
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Emotion-Focused Therapy, Family Systems Therapy, and Psychodynamic Therapy.