Dr Aida is a DHA licensed Clinical Psychologist with over 10 years of experience in the field. Dr Aida loves her work as a clinical psychologist and passionate about supporting people to reach their full potential. She works with children, adolescents and adults. Her training and clinical experience have been within the settings of community mental health clinics, schools, hospitals and mental health institution.
Dr Aida provides psychological assessments for both children and adult population. Dr Aida conducts psychoeducational assessments (including IQ testing, achievement abilities, emotional and behavioural difficulties, adaptive functioning), neuropsychological assessments (including cognitive abilities, executive functioning, memory) and personality testing.
Dr Aida provides psychotherapy and uses evidence-based practice to support individuals with a range of disorders from depression, anxiety, OCD, panic, specific phobia, depression, post-natal depression, stress, adjustment disorder, low self-worth and other emotional and behavioural difficulties. Acknowledging each person’s unique struggles and appreciating each person for who they are, she tailors her treatment to best suit their strengths and vulnerabilities. She incorporates evidence-based approaches with her main areas of expertise include but not limited to Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness and person-centered approach.
Additionally, Dr Aida’s work has also focused towards bridging the gap between physical health and mental health, through a more balanced holistic well-being approach. Dr Aida helps individuals to cope with the many challenges of living with physical health issues such as chronic pain, chronic diseases, diabetes and obesity, or recovery from injury and other major health events.
- PhD in Psychological - Medicine University Putra Malaysia
- Master of Psychology (Clinical Psychology) - University of Tasmania, Australia
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) - University of Adelaide, Australia
- Western Australian University Foundation Program (WAUFP) - Canning College, Perth, Australia
- Certified Trainer Optimal Health Wellbeing, St Vincent, Melbourne Hospital
- Certified Facilitator Optimal Health Wellbeing, St Vincent Melbourne Hospital
- Malaysian Society of Clinical Psychology (MSCP)
- Australian Psychological Society
- Association of Contextual Behavioural Science
- Dubai Health Authority Registration no.: 23848515
- Malaysian Allied Health Professional Council Registration MAHPC Registration No. MAHPC(CP)00003
She Has Expertise In Diagnosing And Treating:
- Psychological assessments Children/Adolescents Psychoeducational assessments IQ test Achievement abilities Adaptive functioning Emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Psychological assessments Adult/Older Adult Neuropsychological assessments (such as cognitive abilities, attention, executive functioning, memory) Adaptive Functioning Fit to work Personality
- Psychotherapy Population Depression OCD Specific Phobia Panic Emotional and behavioural difficulties Self-esteem Stress Adjustment disorder
- Special interest in areas of health post-natal depression chronic pain diabetes obesity bulimia