Farah Hassan is a licensed Psychomotor Therapist who holds a Bachelor’s degree (2008) and a Master’s degree (2012) from the Saint Joseph University of Beirut.
She works in early intervention, with older children as well as teenagers aiming to ensure them the needed support along with their families. Her main areas of expertise are Autism Spectrum Disorder, Learning Disorders, ADD/ADHD, Behavioural difficulties and Developmental Delay.
She is certified in the Exchange and Development Therapy (Thérapie d’Échange et de Développement: TED), a neurofunctional rehabilitation therapy targeting the social communication functions for children on the autism spectrum disorder.
She has developed an immense interest in mental health having worked for more than 10 years in a humanitarian non-governmental organization offering different services for displaced and refugee communities. She has conducted several training sessions for community workers, parents and teachers in the refugees’ camps and has created and monitored a series of sessions for groups of mothers with their children on the ASD targeting social interaction and offering parent to parent support.
She also participated, along with the multidisciplinary team, in the development and implementation of a community-based rehabilitation program that led to the publishing of a guidelines’ manual and parents’ empowerment manual.
Furthermore, she held several consultancy roles with international NGOs where she provided targeted guidance and support to the team for the implementation of a pilot project on Community Support for Children with Disabilities. In addition, she designed and implemented psychosocial oriented activities targeting school students and staff, parents and community members with the refugee’s population and created measurable criteria for the monitoring and evaluation of the activities.
- Special Education Department Coordinator, Adduha High School, Autism Department, Lebanon, Beirut
- Psychomotor Therapist and Trainer, National Institution for Social Care and Vocational Training NGO, Lebanon, Tyr
- Psychomotor Therapist, Lebanese Autism Society, Lebanon, Beirut
- Psychomotor Therapist, SKILD Center, Lebanon, Beirut
- Psychomotor Therapist, Sidon Orphan Welfare Society, Lebanon, Saida
- Consultant, International Rescue Committee, Lebanon, Beirut with Bekaa field visits
- Consultant, GIZ, Lebanon, Baalbek
- Master’s degree (MA) in Psychomotor Therapy, Saint Joseph University of Beirut, Lebanon
- Bachelors of Arts (BA) in Psychomotor Therapy, Saint Joseph University of Beirut, Lebanon
- Certification -Exchange and Development Therapy (Thérapie d’Échange et de Développement: TED)
- Dubai Health Authority (DHA)
Her Clinical Areas of Specialisations
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Learning Disorders and Difficulties
- Developmental Delay
- Behavioural Difficulties