Jessica is a Speech and Language therapist from Ireland. She was awarded her Bachelors degree in Clinical Speech and Language Studies from Trinity College Dublin, Ireland in 2015. After graduation, Jessica moved to the UAE and began her clinical work. She worked in a school based center for People of Determination from 2015-2021 serving clients from the ages of 3 to 21 years old. Jessica has treated and evaluated individuals with Hearing Impairments, Childhood Apraxia of Speech, Articulation and Phonological Disorders, Language Disorders, Fluency Disorders, Down Syndrome Disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Intellectual Disability and Global Developmental Delay.
In June 2021, Jessica received her Masters in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) from Queen’s University Belfast, Ireland. She is currently under supervision to receive her Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) certification with the goal to become dual qualified SaLT-BCBA.
Jessica believes strongly in working collaboratively with parents and families to ensure her clients achieve the best therapy outcomes beyond the clinical setting. She believes in working alongside the family to choose goals that are achievable, functional and meaningful for the child. Helping a child build friendships, communicate with loved ones and progress in school is why she loves being a Speech and Language Therapist.
- Speech and Language Therapist, Safe Center for Autism, Dubai
Her clinical areas of specialization:
- Language disorders
- Speech (articulation) disorders
- Developmental delays
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) devices: Proloquo2Go, LAMP Words for Life, Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- Down Syndrome Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Early intervention for speech and language delays (children 0-3)
- Speech and language intervention for intellectually disabled children, adolescents and young adults
- The link between communication and behavioral challenges